Sunday, August 31, 2008
A Convenient Truth
If you have never played hide-n-seek with a 2 year old - I can truly say you are missing out. For those of you who know a 2-year-old, please play this game with them before it is too late. It is fun with older kids (or even adults who find really interesting hiding spots like on top of landings above Murphy beds, Eric Aidukatis style) but not the same as with a little boy who acts like a dog most of the time and needs the quiet time to understand that one can really act quietly at times. Anders can hide anywhere as long as he is "hiding". We could hide in the middle of the room by just squatting down and saying "shhhhh". He is really good at the "Shhhh" part. After I had hid a couple of times with him - it was my turn to hide by myself. I decided to hide really good in a convenient place - like my bathroom. I'd been there for about 5 minutes while Tanner was the seeker. Tanner is one to start seeking and gets impatient so he asks the hiders to "make a noise". By this time, I was making a noise. I was on the potty using the "convenient" location to its full potential. Next thing I know, Tanner turns the light on and was immediately embarrassed. So for those adults who want a really good hiding place with benefits, try the porcelain god. By the way, Al Gore is just as annoying as ever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
The porcelain god...i'll have to remember that one.
Post a Comment