Tanner recently lost two teeth. He lost the first at a park movie night. He didn't even realize he had lost it until we were walking home. He lost the second tooth the next day. He put the tooth under his pillow, and the next morning asked me if I had forgotten to call the Tooth Fairy. You see I have this problem of remembering about the good old TF. I have explained this on past occasions by letting them know that I indeed need to make a call so the TF can know that they lost their tooth. It wasn't that unusual that I had forgotten to call, and so the tooth remained under the pillow.
Well, this would have been fine if it had just been one night. I called the TF and she didn't show up a second night. I guess that I forgot to tell her which child had lost the tooth. We have more children than we used to, and there are three children of the age to loose teeth. I had to make a second call. I was a little disgruntled. I had an eight year old boy that was disappointed that the Tooth Fairy had not shown up. Thank goodness the TF got it right the third night. I guess it is the problem with cheap labor. Is anyone else having this problem with the TF?
I do have to say that the TF was very generous and gave Tanner enough to cover two teeth, even though only one made it under the pillow. Thank goodness for tooth fairies and the parents that call them.
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Well the tooth fairy has a little more slack when compared to Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny. They both have one night to get it right and don't get another shot until another 365days roll around. What is the going rate for a tooth these days?
Post a Comment