Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The State Fair




We had some free tickets to the Utah State Fair so we used them on the second to last day of the blessed event. I think we chose the perfect time of day that Saturday to hit it because parking was a snap and in and out was so easy. The best part was watching the boys go around and around on the ferris wheel - I think they go for about 7 minutes just around and around. We had to get McKinley her pony fix for the year - yeah - another year where I don't have to buy her a pony. Anders was a bit under the weather so he just chilled in the stroller. My favorite are the big animals like Big Red, the 2300 lb. cow (I think) that stands 6 feet high at the shoulders - I also loved the huge geese. My brother Scott would have been scared to death and would need a change of underpants if he saw these (that story goes way back to Snake Creek Canyon in Midway).

My classes are going well - I showed the Paul Potts youtube video for some inspiration to the students. I'll need to show it again later in the semester to pick up their spirits. How about those Cougars. It is funny to hear the conversations among the old men at work. Words like "wow" and "very good" and "Max Hall" were used quite extensively. Too bad we have to miss the game this weekend - got some fish to catch up at Scout Lake, mmm, nothing like planter trout cooked in tons of butter and almonds and salt and pepper.

1 comment:

Rachel Poulsen said...

I'm glad someone got to go to the fair. Rach and I tried to get out to it, but we never made the time.
What are you doing Saturday? We need to watch the BYU vs. Wyoming game.