Thursday, August 7, 2008

Oh how I love to golf

I pulled the sticks out today to play in a BYU tournament in West Valley. I took the kids last night to warm up at South Mountain driving range. They actually let you pile the kids into a golf cart and drive the 1/2 mile or so down to the range. The kids loved the ride - Anders only screamed once loud enough to turn everybody's heads. If they can hit the ball straight after his scream, they should be able to handle any distraction in their backswing. So I headed out to play this morning not knowing how well I would play in the scamble. I did hit well the night before but my bad habits can come back fairly quickly. Our team ended up tying for 1st place at 3 under for 9 holes. The thing is, all but one of my drives were used and the 3 birdies we got were all shots hit by me - that's right - me. I've never putted or driven the ball so well. I think I might have to take this game more serious like I did in Colorado. Maybe I should buy some golf shoes or an electric golf caddie or something.

We spent the rest of the evening playing soccer with the kids out front. Tanner and Adrianne won on penalty kicks - isn't that how all world cups end? We are all gearing up for a fourth weekend in a row of camping or backpacking. It is a full family camp at Aspen Grove. Should be fun - especially since Justin is planning on some good skits and mom Thygerson is doing the breakfast. Later, Steve

No comments: