


I took the boys on another backpack trip to Dog Lake between Big Cottonwood and Millcreek canyons. The Stewarts (Casey, Caden and Reed) came with us. At first, the pace was slow because the boys really enjoy each other's company and stop and look at dirt and rocks and plants and trees and bugs a lot. But 2 1/2 hours later we arrived at Dog Lake. I think it is called Dog Lake because of the sheer number of dogs that take their owners to it. But by 7:30pm, most of them were gone and we thought we had the lake to ourselves. What I forgot was that it was full moon Friday - that means weirdos come out and build bonfires and do funny rituals during the full moon. But we were camped far enough away to not be bothered by them - except for some guy yelling at nothing at about 2 am. The video is of Tanner and Reed trying out the raft they built with Casey's help. As you can see, things didn't go so well - luckily for Tanner he packed extra clothes and of course, his comfy PJs.
It was a great trip and I would recommend it to anyone - very beautiful area that connects to many other trails and peaks.
No comments:
Post a Comment