
It seems the summer is getting busier and busier as it winds down. Today was a typical busy day that seems to sap the time right away - but right now we have a little down time to watch the Olympics. It seems like we are mostly "human doings" and not human beings. And I love it when McKinley calls people "humans". For example, she would say, "there were a lot of humans at the pool today. I was up early and gone before most of the kids were up. Then I heard they had a great time on Tanner's scout hike this morning at 8am. Very cool waterfall just up the hill from us. I went to work and decided to take 30 minutes to lift some weights. That was mistake number one. I have done that since my shoulder injury - no signs of pain in the shoulder but the rest of me is sore, ouch! Matt and Scott probably know what the pecs feel like after not lifting for a while. I got home and it was a quick dinner then off to Jakob's soccer practice. Then pick him up and go to McKinley's soccer practice so Adrianne could go to a movie with her friends. Good times!! At least this time the soccer fields are close by. McKinley is about as cute as they come - her soccer team is a ton of fun for her.
We did another campout this weekend. Good times, too. Aspen Grove seems much smaller than I remember it. The best was watching the kids do their skits. Jack and Logan wanted to do skits all night. They even made up skits just to keep the party going. Owling with Grandpa was fun and actually relaxing even though I had 30 lbs. of dead weight to hold onto named Anders. No owls heard or found but Justin did a great job holding the spotlight. As you can see from the above photo - Anders is well fed. That is one kid who can take care of himself if needed. Goes to show that humans are scavengers from birth.
No comments:
Post a Comment