Monday, October 20, 2008

How's that Fall





We really love the Fall in this household. It seems that everyone holds up at home or the shopping center and leaves the mountains to us - or the deer hunters. Last year we got stuck mountain biking in prime deer hunting areas without the 400 square inches of required hunter orange on body and head. But after seeing how most people hunt - we were turned off. This year we headed to Customer Appreciation Day at Snowbird for a free tram ride - with 6 cans of food. Snowbird recently had 4 inches of snow but it had melted by the time we got there. The kids loved the ride up especially when you go past a tower - and the whoosh and sway of the tram car. Jake didn't feel a thing but I think everyone else had some stomach churning going on. I usually ride the tram up, but going down was a different story - it seems like you are going twice as fast.


The photo of McKinley and Anders on the back deck was a random shot of those two just having fun. If you didn't know, Mac can go "cross-eyed". It really looks funny on a 5 year old. I could do it at that age. The parents told me it would hurt my eyes - but look, I'm one of the few Thygersons without glasses or contacts. I love watching Anders being intrigued by everything. Right now his favorite thing is his Thomas the train. He takes it everywhere including to bed. We played some soccer tonight and he lost Thomas in the grass - but luck was on our side and I nearly trypped over Thomas running after a ball.


Yes, we love Fall. Our Mountain is ablaze in fully glory. Even the Quercus gambelii (Gambel's oak) is looking sweet.

No comments: