Okay, I debated about whether or not to post this. We have talked about how we could do an entire post just on things that McKinley says. She says some pretty "incredible" things. So the lastest is titled "If Only Life Were a Cartoon."
We were headed down to the BYU football game. We were going to drop the kids off at the grandparents' house and head out for a rare day on our own.
From out of nowhere McKinley asked, "Mom, why did you marry that man?"
I wasn't sure where she was going with this and replied, "Why, should I have married someone else?"
Her startling reply was, "You should have married someone that was more handsome."
I was a little shocked and struggled for a response. Then, it dawned on me that everything is fairy tale prince and princess in her five year old girl world. So I asked, "You mean someone like Eric."
"Yes, someone like Ariel and Eric. You should have married someone more handsome." The train of thought continued.
"I prefer the real man, not the cartoon," was my comeback.
She was not to be swayed, and I was undaunted because I had Steve sitting next to me in the car. Steve finally called the conversation quits, and neither McKinley nor I had the final word. I was satisfied with my choice of a marriage partner, and McKinley was determined to find Prince Charming for her wedded bliss. While my fate is chosen, only time will tell what McKinley's fate will be.
McKinley, be forewarned this story will find its way to your wedding party. We will welcome Prince Charming with open arms. I just wonder if he will find it charming.
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment