We were explaining the "good things come to those who wait" philosophy to our kids this weekend. It was a good/wait weekend. Unfortunately some of the benefits came from businesses that are going out of business...so is it really so good? Then, Anders decided to prove the point that good things really do come to those who wait.
Who wants to potty train their forth child? It has been on the list of things to do, but it has had a hard time making it to the top. We finally broke down and bought a potty at IKEA (one of our good things that come to those who wait--it was only $3.99). We have been waiting even though Anders has been asking. I mean, am I really ready to drag a 2 plus year old to every potty everywhere we go? Am I ready to do potty on Anders time and not on my own? There is a certain convenience that comes with diapers.
Then today while we were reading as a family Anders announced that he was going to go potty. Not moving from my spot I removed his diaper and told him to go. The mini-mom of our house accompanied him and made sure he was doing okay. I went up to check a couple of minutes later and mini-mom announced that Anders had official gone potty. I missed it. He did it. The proof was there.
Good things really do come to those who wait! If anyone questions that philosophy you can ask Anders next time you see him.
Sunday, November 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment