Every once in a while I take off on a hike by myself, mostly to keep myself sane. This latest installment was to a lake that is well know to hikers and one of the most beautiful hikes I've ever been on, and right in our backyard up Big Cottonwood canyon. 6am start time and I cruised up and made the lake at 7:30. I hung out for 1/2 hour and ran down to be back at the car by 8:45am. Sundial Peak is amazing in the sunrise. I highly recommend this hike to all. It is a bit steep and guidebooks recommend you count on 2.5 hours to make it up. The views are great and don't forget to head west to catch the other 2 lakes up there.
Saturday, July 17, 2010
Lake Blanche 2010
Every once in a while I take off on a hike by myself, mostly to keep myself sane. This latest installment was to a lake that is well know to hikers and one of the most beautiful hikes I've ever been on, and right in our backyard up Big Cottonwood canyon. 6am start time and I cruised up and made the lake at 7:30. I hung out for 1/2 hour and ran down to be back at the car by 8:45am. Sundial Peak is amazing in the sunrise. I highly recommend this hike to all. It is a bit steep and guidebooks recommend you count on 2.5 hours to make it up. The views are great and don't forget to head west to catch the other 2 lakes up there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment