Sunday, July 19, 2009

Tree Trail Trip 2009
















The boys came up with this title. And the video I posted didn't get all the photos from the trip so I added a couple more. Planning 9 days of camping after being rained on for 4 consecutive campouts in June was not sounding like fun. To be honest, I thought about cancelling the trip - but boy am I glad I didn't. We did much more than I ever planned on doing including visiting the city where Adrianne and I honeymooned. We camped at Trinity Lake (in the Shasta Lakes area), in the Redwoods at Mill Creek, at Fort Bragg along the Pacific Coast highway and at Half Moon Bay south of San Francisco - it also included a couple of nights at rest stops along I-80.

Highlights of the trip included the swimming hole and hike at Trinity Lake, the camping spot in the Redwoods (it was just like a tree house), Stout Grove and the Boy Scout Tree Trail filled with the largest of the old growth redwoods, camping on the beach at Half Moon Bay, meeting up with Sasquatch (he is not that bad of a guy, he told me he is just very misunderstood), driving twice down Lombard Street and to wrap it up, watching the sunset on the beach with the kids. On my honeymoon, I saw a Kodak commercial with a dad and his young daughter watching the sunset. The dad was saying "going, going, gone..." as the sun disappeared. The little girl then said "Do it again daddy". I told Adrianne after seeing that commercial that I wanted to do that very same thing with my daughter someday. It happened on this trip at Half Moon Bay. I held McKinley in my arms and we watched the sun go down into the Pacific Ocean. Life is pretty good right now and I am ever grateful to my Heavenly Father for these blessings. He has watched over my family for many years now and I pray that it will continue. May His blessings be poured out among all of His children on this earth.





No comments: