Sunday, January 25, 2009
Falling Snow
Just hanging out with the family on a Sunday afternoon - kids are making the universe (in a puzzle), McKinley is making the Solar System (again, puzzle) and Anders is frustrated that he doesn't know how to do it. But a rice krispy treat solves that problem. I didn't think I would miss snow on the ground in January but I did. However, just as soon as the snow melted completely from our front yard, it started to snow again today. The resorts needed it. We skied twice last week and the ice was becoming a bit much. Boy are we spoiled here in Utah. It is a good thing the boys are skiing better and can go off less skied runs with me. We hit more tree trails than I can count and almost got lost in one. I took Jake and his friend Caden Stewart on a really cool run at Alta named Razorback. This sits on a ridge to the east of Sugarloaf lift overlooking Cecret Lake with Greeley Bowl above it. Even though it wasn't crowded to start the day, hitting this run made us feel like we were totally alone. The thing that made my day was something Tanner said as he and his friend Reed were riding up the lift with me. He said "Dad, your dream came true." I didn't know what he was talking about so I asked, "What do you mean?" "Well", he said, "it has always been your dream to ski with your boys, and now we are good enough to do it." He is right. One of my dreams has come true - and it is in the form of two 70 lb. packages barrelling through tree trails and over humps and jumps while strapped to a pair of boards made to navigate the white stuff we call Virgin when at its very best. Yes, it was a very good day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment